Explore Boston with us in September or October and enjoy a guided tour of the Freedom Trail, go on a Whale Watch, visit the New England Aquarium, dump some tea in the harbor, and more!
When: September 20-24
When: October 4-8
Registration Deadline: Registration is closed. Please subscribe to our mailing list for announcements of future trips to Boston.
Join us for our first trip to Boston, where we’ll enjoy a guided tour of the entire Freedom Trail, from Boston Common to Bunker Hill and the USS Constitution. We’ll see the Old State House, Paul Revere’s house, Old North Church, the site of the Boston Massacre, enjoy a special group lunch together, go on a Whale Watch, visit the New England Aquarium, and dump some tea in the harbor! Come join us!
Our schedule will be provided to travelers closer to our travel dates, but please plan to arrive by 5:00 pm on your arrival date. We have a mandatory orientation at 7:00 pm, and I’ll distribute admission tickets and more information about our itinerary at that time.
You’ll make your own travel arrangements to Boston. If you fly or take the train, there’s no need to rent a car once you arrive in Boston. Our hotel is easily accessible via the subway whether you travel by train or air. If you drive to Boston, parking at the hotel will be an extra $49 per day.
Your hotel room will have two queen beds, accommodating four people. Some rooms include a sofabed, accommodating 1 or 2 extra people. (These rooms will be saved for larger families.)
Cost and What’s Included
Prices include your registration fee, hotel for four nights, breakfast each morning, one group lunch, and all sites and private tours on the itinerary. They don’t include all other meals, a $49 per-day hotel parking fee if you drive to Boston, metro (subway) fares, and anything you do on your own.
(Prices are per family, not per person.)
Family of 2: $1,846
Family of 3: $2,167
Family of 4: $2,488
Family of 5: $2,809
Family of 6: $3,130
These are package prices. Due to minimum requirements for group discounts, families can’t opt out of private tours, hotel, etc.
Payment, Cancellation, and Refund Policy
A $250 per-person non-refundable deposit will be due within 7 days of my email confirmation of your spots on this trip. Another $250 per-person payment will be due by April 30, and the remaining balance will be due by June 30.
The $250 per-person deposit is not refundable for any reason. The rest of your payments are refundable only if I have a family on my waiting list to replace you. No replacements, roster changes, or refunds will be made after June 15.
This trip won’t be confirmed until we reach our minimum. If we don’t meet our minimum, I’ll cancel and you’ll get a full refund of payments made to me. Please wait to purchase non-refundable airfare until I confirm the trip. I have no control over airline refund policies.
Your signed registration, waiver, and payment acknowledges your understanding and agreement with my cancellation and refund policy.
I accept checks, bank checks, bank transfers from Bank of America and Wells Fargo customers. I don’t accept credit cards or PayPal for this trip.
Important Things to Know
- Here are the FAQs for this trip. Please read the information on this page, and my FAQs, before registering or emailing me with questions.
- Your deposit will be due in my mailbox within 7 days of the date I email your confirmation. Due to the limited number of spots available on this trip, spots won’t be held past your payment due date.
- We’ll rely on subway transportation while touring Boston. It’s well worth the experience, but it does require that we have patience if there are delays.
- You’ll walk a lot during this trip. If you have problems that won’t allow you to walk for extended periods during the day, please consider postponing your trip until you’re more able. I don’t recommend this trip for people who must use a wheelchair or scooter, or for senior citizens unless they’re very active and are accustomed to walking for extended periods during the day.
- Start a walking program before the trip if you don’t ordinarily do much walking. Be sure to walk in the (comfortable) shoes you’ll be using for the trip – don’t buy new shoes without breaking them in thoroughly. Trust me on this.
- This trip is limited to ages 5 and up.
- I won’t be able to give refunds unless I have a family on my waiting list to replace yours on or before June 15. Your spots aren’t transferable to other families outside of my waiting list. Please read my refund policy carefully before you register and mail your payment.
Want to go?
Registration is closed. Please subscribe to our mailing list for announcements of future trips to Boston.