rebecar

Planning

rebecar

It seems there is a lot of planning with Disney, with all the fast pass and dining ect.  Universal doesn't seem to have that as much? Or am I missing something!  What should I be planning for Universal?! I am totally fine with just going with the flow but am I missing something big?

Dianna

Disney has made everything so complicated that it's difficult to just go with the flow anymore. I think they've lost a little magic because of it.

Universal hasn't, and I think that might be a big part of its appeal now. Just get the tickets and go! You're not missing a thing! :)

• Like 1

rebecar

Wow Great!  Thanks so much. We are all so excited.

• Like 1

Tania

We are planning to go to the November trip, and I'm already completely overwhelmed with planning. It seems like there is *so much*, and I don't know where to start. We are camping/hiking people, so this is completely unfamiliar territory. I would love a "magical" experience, but I don't even know what that means! haha Besides rides, what are things that shouldn't be missed? What are character experiences? I see things like lanyards and pin trading?! How do you even find out about this stuff??

Dianna

Tania, it almost takes a college degree in "Disney" to plan a trip these days. The first thing I'd recommend is reading the current edition of the Unofficial Guide to Disney World (https://www.amazon.com/Unofficial-Guide-Disney-World-Guides/dp/1628090812)

It will help you plan your trip. Then if you have questions about the Traveling Homeschoolers part of it, just jump in here to ask questions.

Warmly,
Dianna

• Like 3

Michelle Canady

Tania, if you are planning a trip the Disboards .com forums can offer information and I personally love to watch DFB (Disney Food Blog) and TheTimTracker on youtube.  I have only been twice with my littles so far and are hoping to go in the fall of 2020.  Disney can be overwhelming but you just have to decide what is important to you and your family.  My first trip I wish I would have read something that suggested a down day or two.  We hit it really hard and it was draining.  Our second trip, it was just excruciatingly hot!  If watching a parade or the evening show at MK, you may need to camp out. I can say one of the best moments I had was when our family took a little break on the "lawn" in front of the castle.  

Tania

Thank you both! This is just so overwhelming! My biggest problem is, I don't know what is important to us, since we've never gone. I think once we are finished with this school year, I'm going to make it my job to research everything Disney. haha Thank you for the web suggestions. I will take note and give them a look!

• Like 1