Dianna

Universal 2020 - FAQs - NOT CANCELLED!

Dianna

What type of tickets will you offer? How much are they?

We're offering two types of park-to-park (hopper) tickets:

• 2-day, 2-park ($166)
  • 3-day, 3-park ($214)

Do the tickets include tax, etc.?

The price includes everything, except parking (currently $26 per car). There are no hidden charges.

Are the tickets discounted?

You're saving $148+ per 2-day, 2-park ticket, and $180+ per 3-day, 3-park ticket that includes Volcano Bay, comparing it to the online discounted price as of 12/8/19. (Your savings may be more if they increase prices during the year.)

What dates are our tickets valid for?

Tickets will be valid November 1-30. However, all park days must be used within 7 days. After you use it the first day, you'll have 6 days left to use the rest of the ticket. They'll expire after that and unused days won't be refunded.

Do I have to register for the Disney trip, too?

No, they're two separate trips, so you can register for one and not the other.

I want to do Disney World *and* Universal. Do I need to register and pay for them at the same time?

No, you can register for one now, and wait until later for the other one.

Will you offer the behind-the-scenes tour (educational program) again?

No - we've cancelled the behind-the-scenes tour due to COVID-19.

Yes, we're offering Universal's excellent Behind the Adventure tour this year. The cost is $27 per person. (NOTE: Attendance at an educational program isn't required to get the discounted Universal tickets.)

Will you get discounts at a Universal hotel for our group?

In order to streamline, I won't get group rooms at Universal in 2020.

If we stay onsite at a Universal Resort, will we be able to get the Early Admission perks with these tickets?

Early Admission is tied to your resort stay, so you'll get Early Admission through your hotel room key, even with our tickets. Enjoy!

Universal Trip Description & Registration Link:

https://www.travelinghomeschoolers.com/universal/

Have more questions?

Post them in this thread and I'll answer as soon as possible.

Michele

Thank you for organizing this trip! We would like to join you all for the Behind The Scene classes. However, we are local and have yearly passes.  Could we still join you? 

Dianna
8 minutes ago, Michele said:

Thank you for organizing this trip! We would like to join you all for the Behind The Scene classes. However, we are local and have yearly passes.  Could we still join you? 

Michele, are you talking about the Behind the Adventure tour at Universal? If so, I can add families outside of my group if spots are available at my registration deadline. It'll be $37 per person, with no refunds for any reason. Check back with me after the registration deadline to see if spots are available.

If you're talking about the Disney programs, only families with my tickets can attend the programs. (Disney's rules.)

Warmly,
Dianna

• Like 1

rachiekake

I'm sorry if this was covered elsewhere, I looked through everything for an answer--for just the 2-day-2-park tickets, can you "run out" or are you able to get as many as requested? We aren't planning on the tour at Universal so just wondering if I can wait until tax refund time to register and get our Universal tickets (I have our Disney money ready to go now, LOL, but not the Universal portion yet). Thank you, we are so excited for this trip!

Dianna

No worries - we won't run out, so take your time. There's no benefit to registering early if you don't want the tour.

Warmly,
Dianna

• Like 1

Kristin in Texas

Thanks SO much for organizing all the fun! I see you offer 2-day and 3-day options. Is there any chance you can offer 4 or 5-day options?

• Like 1

Dianna
2 hours ago, Kristin in Texas said:

Thanks SO much for organizing all the fun! I see you offer 2-day and 3-day options. Is there any chance you can offer 4 or 5-day options?

Hi Kristin, 

In order to streamline, I offer only the 2- and 3-day options since it meets the needs of most of my travelers.

Warmly,
Dianna

Dianna
10 hours ago, Jenni said:

Can you add on the Express Passes to these tickets?

Yes - I recommend waiting until the day of your visit, though. You may find you don't need it.

ThinkGrace

Hello! Thanks for your time in getting these trips together. Do you have any suggestions on cheapest rates of places to stay? Thanks in advance.

Dianna
1 hour ago, ThinkGrace said:

Hello! Thanks for your time in getting these trips together. Do you have any suggestions on cheapest rates of places to stay? Thanks in advance.

If you're talking about the Universal trip, compare the prices of the onsite value hotels vs hotels off property. Universal's hotels seem to be less expensive than Disney's. If you're talking about the Disney trip, read through the Hotel FAQ in this forum (the Disney Stalker's forum).

Warmly,

Dianna

sfoster

Greetings Dianna!

It will be our first time visiting Universal. In your experience, would we still be able to cover most of the park if we spend three hours in the tour? 

What rides are included in the tour? I would like to see if my children meet the height requirements. Lastly, my youngest will be 8 years and 10 months at the time of the trip. Would she be able to attend the tour?

Do you foresee selling out of the tours soon? Thank you in advance for answering all my questions, and as always, thank you for planning such wonderful trips for homeschoolers.

Blessings,

Sharon

Dianna

Hi Sharon, 

It depends on how much you want to do in each park, and how long the wait times are. Since we have 2 or 3 days on our tickets, and they're park-to-park, you should have plenty of time to see everything in both parks.

I don't know which rides will be offered this time, and it can change before our trip. Your almost-9-year-old can attend. And children not tall enough for a specific ride will just opt out of that ride.

I don't think we'll sell out of the tour anytime soon, so you have time to think about it.

Warmly,

Dianna

Katie
On 12/22/2019 at 1:41 AM, Jenni said:

Can you add on the Express Passes to these tickets?

You can get free express passes if you stay in a deluxe Universal Studios hotel.  You can also walk or take a boat ride to the parks from some of them.  Make sure the hotel you choose offers the free express passes.  We like to stay at the Royal Pacific.  It's a beautiful hotel, and includes the express passes.

• Like 1

Kara

I see the tickets are dated November 1-30 and they need to be used within a seven day period. If we start our first day right at the end of the month, like on November 29 or 30, do we still have the full seven days (going into December) to use the tickets? Or does the last day cut off at November 30, regardless?

Dianna
15 hours ago, Kara said:

I see the tickets are dated November 1-30 and they need to be used within a seven day period. If we start our first day right at the end of the month, like on November 29 or 30, do we still have the full seven days (going into December) to use the tickets? Or does the last day cut off at November 30, regardless?

Hi Kara, all days must be used by November 30. They'll expire after that. (They don't usually allow a month, but they like our group and know some families are combining Universal with Disney and need extra flexibility.)

Warmly,
Dianna

Dianna

Just a note that we've cancelled the behind-the-scenes tour due to COVID-19. (They most likely won't allow any events where we group up this fall.)

Warmly,
Dianna