Dianna

Universal Spring 2019 - FAQs

Dianna

What dates are our tickets valid for?

Tickets will be valid from April 20 to May 18. However, all park days must be used within 7 days. For example, if you use the first park day on Saturday, April 20, you'll need to use remaining day(s) by Friday, April 26.

What type of tickets will you offer?

We're offering 2-day, 2-park, and 3-day, 3-park tickets this year. See my website for more information about each.

Are the tickets discounted?

Yes, by $100+ per ticket, depending on the type of ticket, and whether you're comparing it to the online price or gate price. If you want the exact discount, go to Universal's website and compare their price with ours.

Do I have to register for the Disney trip, too?

No, Universal is no longer an add-on to our Disney trip - they're two separate trips, so you can register for one and not the other.

I want to do Disney World *and* Universal. Do I need to register and pay for them at the same time?

No, you can register for one now, and wait until later to register for the other one.

Will you offer the behind-the-scenes tour (educational program) again?

Yes - the Behind the Adventure tour will be on April 29 at 8:00 am. It's an excellent tour, and I highly recommend it for middle to high school students. Younger students, around 9 and up, will enjoy it too, but may not be able to ride all the attractions that are featured. More details are available at my website.

This tour is not required. It costs $27 per person (students and parents).

Can parents, aunts, uncles, grandparents, etc., do the Behind the Adventure tour?

We can't have more adults than students, so if you have one student, then one parent definitely has a spot. If you have more adults in your party, they'll go on a waiting list and I'll add them as spots come available. The other parent will have priority, then I'll add older siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc., in order of registration/payment date.

Will you get discounts at a Universal hotel for our group?

I don't plan to add a hotel for our group this spring. I'll update this if that changes.

If we stay onsite at a Universal Resort, will we be able to get the Early Admission perks with these tickets?

Early Admission is tied to your resort stay, so you'll get Early Admission through your hotel room key, even with our tickets. Enjoy!

Have more questions?

Post them in this thread and I'll answer as soon as possible.

Universal Trip & Registration Link: https://www.travelinghomeschoolers.com/universal/

2boys

We will have Season Passes at the time of this trip but are very interested in the Behind the Adventure tour.  Is it possible to purchase this tour without buying the tickets?

Dianna

I may be able to add non-group members to the tour later if we have spots available. Email me at the registration deadline and I'll give you an update.

Warmly,

Dianna

Jessica Upchurch

If we book a resort and use these tickets, will we still get the early admission perks of staying on site? 

Dianna

Hi Jessica, 

I think the early admission perks are tied to staying on site, not the tickets, but I'll double-check to make sure and post here.

Warmly,

Dianna

Dianna

Jessica, I found out that Early Admission is tied to your resort stay, so you'll get Early Admission through your hotel room key, even with our tickets. Enjoy!

Warmly,

Dianna