Dianna

November 2019 FAQs 6 - Transportation to/from/around Disney & our special events

Dianna

I'm flying into Orlando International Airport. How do I get to Disney World?

If you're staying at a Disney Resort, you can use Disney's Magical Express. There's no extra cost. Here's the link: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/magical-express/

If you're not staying at a Disney Resort, or prefer different options, here are alternatives: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/transportation/airport-transportation/

I'm staying at a Disney Resort, but won't have a car at Disney. How do I get around during the day?

Disney provides transportation to the parks, water parks, and Disney Springs (used to be called Downtown Disney) during times they're open to the public. Here's more information: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/resort-transportation/

I'm staying at a Disney Resort and want to do your private breakfasts. Does Disney transportation run that early?

Disney can't guarantee transportation that early. Ask Guest Services at your hotel what your transportation options are that day so you'll know whether you have to arrange your own (Uber, Lyft, taxi, etc.). Also, Disney's "Minnie Van" service has a partnership with Lyft. See more info here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/minnie-van-service/

Have more questions about transportation? Post them here and I'll add them to our FAQs.

• Like 1

Jade

We will be staying off of Disney property and driving to the parks. We are attending the breakfast events and I just wanted to touch base regarding parking. On previous personal trips when we have had early breakfast reservations it has sometimes been a hassle to get into the parking lot as the cast members have not permitted entry, and that was a Disney breakfast scheduled through their reservations system. Since these are private group breakfasts, is there anything special we will need to do or plan for in order to be allowed entry into the parking lots and arrive at the breakfasts on time? 

Dianna

Hi Jade, we've never had a problem entering the parks for our breakfasts. There's usually no one at the parking "toll booths,"  that early, so we just cruise right in. 

Warmly,

Dianna

• Like 2

Sarah Gibson

Would we need to use a park ticket to get to the DinoLand group event?

• Like 1

Dianna
1 hour ago, Sarah Gibson said:

Would we need to use a park ticket to get to the DinoLand group event?

I just found out that we won't need a park ticket for the event (as long as you don't want to enter Animal Kingdom early). However, you will most likely need your own transportation (car, Lyft, Uber, whatever) to get back to your hotel after the event.

Warmly,

Dianna

Sahteva

I have a question. I hope this is where to post it. The new visual arts tour, where is it located. I’m thinking Epcot but I don’t want to plan our day there if the class is in another park. 

Thanks for any answers,

Sahteva

Dianna
2 minutes ago, Sahteva said:

I have a question. I hope this is where to post it. The new visual arts tour, where is it located. I’m thinking Epcot but I don’t want to plan our day there if the class is in another park. 

Thanks for any answers,

Sahteva

Hi Sahteva,

We won't know until about 60 days out, unfortunately. :(

Warmly,
Dianna

CD442

DinoLand is planned for the one night Magic Kingdom has late magic hours.  Anyway DinoLand event day will change?

Dianna
44 minutes ago, CD442 said:

DinoLand is planned for the one night Magic Kingdom has late magic hours.  Anyway DinoLand event day will change?

It's the only night they have available. I'm sorry! :(

Jessica French

It appears that the buses will still run 2 hours after Animal Kingdom closes at 8:00 pm. So, if we head out before 10:00 pm, we should have transportation back to our resort, right? Am I reading this correctly? Thanks!

1472876121_Screenshot2019-09-3017_07_03.thumb.png.ff7c82595658d04ed52a2c4438c7945f.png

Dianna

Don't count on a full 2 hours, and don't count on enough buses to take you back to your hotel. We have a large group, and they run on a very limited basis after the park gets the main park-closing crowds out (probably by 8:30 pm or so). You're required to have a back-up plan if you attend our event.

That's what I've been told. This is the first time we've done this, so I can't give you first-hand experience. If you don't have a back-up plan, please opt out so I can update the count and reduce wasted food.

Warmly,
Dianna

Jessica French

Right. Our plan is to call Uber or Lyft, so it won't be a problem, but I came across this and thought I'd ask. Thanks!

• Like 1

Joe

For the Fantasmic dinner party on Friday, November 22, will the dinner be before the show? The Disney World website shows that the show starts at 8:00 PM.

Dianna
8 hours ago, Joe said:

For the Fantasmic dinner party on Friday, November 22, will the dinner be before the show? The Disney World website shows that the show starts at 8:00 PM.

I'll email details for all the events before our travel dates, but unless something has changed, we'll start eating before the show.

Warmly,
Dianna