Dianna

Grand Teton Road Trip 2019 - FAQs

Dianna

Here is the trip description and registration link: 

https://www.travelinghomeschoolers.com/grand-teton-road-trip/

Are spots still available for this trip?

Spots are still available. I'll update this FAQ and my website when we're full.

When are activities scheduled?

We have something planned for August 22-24. August 21 and 25 are travel days.

Will we go on long hikes over rough terrain?

Each program will vary, but we won't walk over 3 miles (usually much less) each program, over mostly flat terrain.

I live in the area - can I join your group for the day?

We have a group campsite available to us, but you can arrange your own lodging, if you prefer. The fee is the same, regardless of how many days you join us, or whether or not you stay at our group campsite.

Can I choose my own hotel or campground? Can I use points for my hotel?

Yes to both - families can make their own hotel, campground, whatever, arrangements for my road trips, so choose whatever works best for your family. I recommend accommodations that are located in or near our group location. I'll provide more information and suggestions to registered families.

I have a baby, toddler, preschooler - do they count in the price?

Most children will count in the price. If you have a child under 3, let me know and I'll check on pricing.

I have a 4-year-old (or younger) and older children, and no other adult will be going with us. Can we attend the educational tours together?

Our educational tours and activities are for the whole family.

We're flying in. What airports do you recommend?

Here's information from the Grand Teton National Park website.

Will I need a car for this trip?

We'll meet in different areas of the park for our educational programs, so you'll need a car for this road trip.

Can you give me an estimate for hotel, campground, transportation, flights, etc.?

I can't give you an estimate since each family has different needs, prefer different types of accommodations, and will be traveling from different states. Research the different options available and see what best meets your needs. To reduce the cost of your trip, use credit card rewards points for flights or rental cars, etc.

Have any other questions? Please reply in this thread and I'll answer and add it to the list!