tigertam

November 2019 group trip - What state are you from?

tigertam

Hi,

I decided to see if people who are going on the November 2019 Disney trip would like to introduce themselves.  I got this idea from Amber Rogers, who is looking for others in her state to contact.  Me, I am just a curious, statistical, people person! 🤗  I will start my introduction.  You may or may not include as much info, but please list at least your name, town, state and how many in your party.  And please make it like a header that stands out, for us visual people who are trying to find the quick details.

Tammy Knights - Raymond, ME (Southern) - 10 people

Hello!  This will be our second trip with Traveling homeschoolers!  I "stalked" this group I think since around 2007 before I finally was able to take the plunge and join the 2014 Disney trip.  It would be interesting to meet some of you all at the DinoLand event all to ourselves.  My husband David and I  have 10 children.  The six youngest ages 17 to 6 will be coming along.  We have 3 children all having birthdays during this trip!  Two on Nov. 16th and one on the 18th.  We are very excited that my parents are also joining us this trip!  It's been 11 years since we did a Disney trip with them. (with our older 4 children)

SnorkelMommaTo3

Cristin Brouwer  - Tulsa, OK - 6 people

This is our first trip w/Traveling Homeschoolers, although I've been stalking for years, lol! We typically visit Disney every other year (Orlando) because my hubby is a HUGE Disney fan. This is our second trip with a homeschooling group doing the YES program (the other group simply fit our dates previously, but it was certainly not as well planned as Traveling Homeschoolers trips). We're looking forward to November, and will be visiting Universal Studios before we hit Disney. We're staying at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek (on property, but not a Disney resort...full kitchen and spacious bedrooms to give us room to spread out). We're bringing our "adopted Grandma" along for the fun (she moved to Montana a couple years ago so now we're trying to include her in our vacations so that we can spend time with her...our last trip with her was Oahu and it went well, so hopefully this joint vacation thing continues to work well). We will be celebrating her 75th birthday on Sunday, Nov 17...what a way to celebrate, right?! Our kids are 15 (b), 13 (b), and 8 (g). We look forward to hanging out with other homeschoolers at different times throughout the trip!

@tigertam - I love that you have 3 kids having birthdays during the trip!!!! Do you have specific plans for the birthdays?

• Like 1

Sandy

Sandy Aul - Atlanta area, Georgia - 7 people

This is our first trip with Traveling Homeschoolers but we go to Disney regularly. We usually stay at Fort Wilderness Cabins, so this will be a new adventure for us. We are already starting to plan future trips with the group. We have homeschooled for over 30 years and rotate through taking kids and grandkids to Disney. We usually wait until they are at least four years old. Travelling with a toddler is not fun. We are all super excited for doing special things with the group and we usually enjoy going to home school events.

• Like 2

Marcia

Hi! 

Marcia Frank - we have a group of 4 and are from central MN. We love Disney and we’ll be happy to get a few days of Florida weather before settling in for a Minnesota winter! This will be our 3rd trip to Disney but the first time that we won’t be telling the kids until the day we leave. It’s been hard keeping it secret! 

• Like 3

SnorkelMommaTo3
On 9/8/2019 at 9:43 PM, Marcia said:

Hi! 

Marcia Frank - we have a group of 4 and are from central MN. We love Disney and we’ll be happy to get a few days of Florida weather before settling in for a Minnesota winter! This will be our 3rd trip to Disney but the first time that we won’t be telling the kids until the day we leave. It’s been hard keeping it secret! 

I love that you're surprising the kids!!! We did that one year...and our eldest was so excited (he was elementary age) that he actually broke out in hives the first 24 hours, lol! (The one and only time he has ever had that happen). It was so much fun surprising them - good luck in keeping that secret!!!

• Like 1