Dianna

DinoLand Group Event - Updated 9/5/19

Dianna

Our exclusive DinoLand group event is on Wednesday, November 20, at Animal Kingdom’s Dinoland.

We’ll enjoy snacks, music, and exclusive access to Fossil Fun games (free), Triceratops Spin for the younger kids, and Expedition Everest! The time is currently set for 8:00 pm to 11:00 pm, but is subject to change.

A park ticket is not required for our DinoLand event (as long as you don’t enter Animal Kingdom before the event). However, you’ll need to arrange your own transportation back to your hotel after the event – car, Uber, Lyft, whatever.

Just wanted to update the details!

Dianna

Kim F

Any chance the play area (I believe it is called Boneyard) will be available for the kids also? Am I correct that we can not get through the gates at AK until 8pm at the earliest if we are not using a ticket? I am just verifying because I know for events like parties Disney tends to allow guests in early.

Dianna

Hi Kim,

I don't know if the Boneyard will be available. It depends on whether they need cast members to staff it - if they do, then it won't be open. Don't count on getting into the park before 8:00 pm without a ticket.

Warmly,

Dianna

Disneyboys

Hi. Do you have to stay for the entire event and leave as a group? Or can you leave when your family is done? 

Dianna
33 minutes ago, Disneyboys said:

Hi. Do you have to stay for the entire event and leave as a group? Or can you leave when your family is done? 

You can leave whenever you're ready - you don't have to stay for the whole event. Expedition Everest won't be able to ride until 9:00 pm, though.

Warmly,

Dianna

• Like 1

SnorkelMommaTo3

Our family was so excited to receive the email informing us Expedition Everest would be included!!! I open up the email while standing next to my 2 older kids, and they knew something was up. They both stopped working on their schoolwork and insisted I spill the beans, lol! My youngest is really hoping Boneyard will be open as that's one of her favorite activities in Dinoland. I'll be honest, this wasn't something we were really excited about originally...but Expedition Everest and the free games are making this more and more appealing to us. :) And I can't help but admit that the idea of a closed area just for this group does sound relaxing. Everything in life changes, and we can certainly adapt...especially at Disney!

• Like 2

Dianna

I think everyone will be surprised at how much fun our private events are. It's not just the activities, but our kids having time to meet and hang out with the other homeschoolers, and parents getting to know each other. Disney is one of my least "groupy" trips, which suits some families just fine. But even they are surprised at how much they enjoy meeting others when we're not glued at the hip the whole week. ;)

I'll see if they can tell me anything about the Boneyard.

Warmly,

Dianna

Marcia

My youngest loooves the boneyard! 🤞

• Like 1

Dianna

Hi everyone,

I found out that the Boneyard won't be open during the event. I'm sorry! I think the kids will have a great time with what we have going on, though!

Warmly,

Dianna

• Thanks 1

tigertam

If we are already in Animal Kingdom before our group event in Dinoland on Wednesday, do we have to go out and come back in?

It looks like the park closes at 8 pm and we can enter at 8 pm, so it would seem that we would not have to.  Do we just head over to Dinoland?

Edited by tigertam

Dianna

You wouldn't have to leave and come back in. You'd just meet near DinoLand. (They'll probably ask us to wait behind the scenes until they have it ready for the group.)

Warmly,

Dianna