Disney 2020 FAQs 1 - Registration, Payment - CANCELLED DUE TO COVID-19

Dianna

This trip has been cancelled due to COVID-19. I'll start planning our next trip as soon as possible. :)

What are the dates for the 2020 trip?

Our group dates are November 14-21.

When is the registration deadline? Do I have to pay by July 31 or August 31? Does my payment have to be postmarked by July 31 or August 31?

If you want to reserve FastPasses in advance (60 days in advance for Disney resort guests; 30 days in advance for off-property guests), you must register by July 31. (Your payment will be due in my mailbox within 7 days of my email confirmation.)

If you don't want or need to reserve your FastPasses in advance, you must register by August 31. (Your payment will be due in my mailbox within 7 days of my email confirmation.)

Regardless of the registration deadline you choose, I must receive your payment within 7 days of my confirmation email to you.

Is there still room? Do you ever run out of tickets? Should I register early?

We never run out of tickets, but we can (and often do) run out of spots for special events, group rooms, and your choice of educational program/tour. If you register early, you'll have a better chance of getting the special meals, events, educational program/tour, and room preferences you want.

Do I have to pay in full upfront? Do you have a payment plan?

Full payment for tickets and optional group events is due within 7 days of the day I confirm your registration. Please wait until you're able to pay in full before you register.

We won't run out of tickets, but may run out of spots at our optional group events, your first choice educational program/tour, and rooms at our group resorts, so register as soon as you you're able to pay for the best chance of getting everything you want, and for getting a discount room at one of our resorts.

If you stay at a group resort, you'll pay Disney for that separately and can make payments. (You won't be able to reserve a room until you've registered and paid for your tickets. Any room reservations made before making payment will be cancelled.)

What payment methods do you accept?

I accept:

• Personal checks
  • Bank checks
  • BillPay checks (not PopMoney) through your bank
  • Zelle online transfers through your bank

I can't accept:

• Money orders (they're getting more difficult to deposit electronically, and if they get lost in the mail, you'll have a difficult time getting a refund for them)
  • Credit cards
  • PayPal
  • Disney gift cards for tickets or special events, but Disney accepts them (and reward points) for group rooms. You'll have to reserve your room with a credit card, and it will be charged one night's deposit. However, when you arrive, you can apply your rewards points/gift cards to pay for the stay and get a refund on your original credit card for the first night.
  • Other payment methods not listed above

If something happens and I have to cancel, can I get a refund?

Starting with this trip (fall 2020), Disney will not give refunds for tickets or special events. They aren't transferable, either. Please be sure you want to go before registering and paying.

Can I call Disney directly and reserve all of this?

You'll have to get your tickets and reserve optional group events through me. If you want to stay at one of our group resorts, I'll give you our group contact information to reserve your room after I receive your payment. (Any rooms reserved in our block before I receive payment will be cancelled without notice.)

Can you give me an estimate?

I can't give you an estimate because each family wants different things. There are no hidden charges - what you see is what you get. All prices include tax.

The ticket price for 2020 is $439 (per person, ages 3 and up). One educational program/tour and the Group Event are included in your ticket. So start with the price of your ticket, then add:

Optional Extras

• Living Seas & Soarin’ Breakfast - add $35 per person, ages 3 and up - no more spots available
  • Epcot Dessert Party - add $37 per person, ages 3 and up
  • Toy Story Breakfast - add $35 per person (plus $19** per person if choosing Slinky Dog), ages 3 and up
  • Fantasmic Dinner Party - add $61 per person, ages 3 and up
  • If you choose one of the Visual Arts educational programs, there's an extra $20 per person (parents, too!) materials fee.

**The $19 fee for Slinky Dog is an attraction fee charged by Disney for newer rides. I have no control over this. I'm sorry. There's no extra charge for Toy Story Mania because it's older. But it's still wicked fun!)

NOTE: We're not offering the Pandora Breakfast this year because we'll be able to enjoy the Flight of Passage attraction during our private group event.

Optional Group Hotels (you'll pay for this separately to Disney after I give you the group code)

• Pop Century (standard) – $110.25 per night - no more rooms available at the group rate
  • All-Star Sports (standard) - $111.23 per night - limited availability
  • Port Orleans Riverside (standard) -- $203.51 per night
  • Port Orleans Riverside (5-person) – $261.23 per night

Why does choosing Slinky Dog for the Toy Story Breakfast cost $19 more?

Disney charges an extra fee for newer attractions (they charged us extra for Flight of Passage last fall, too). Slinky Dog is a newer attraction, so it has that extra fee. Soarin' and Toy Story Mania are older attractions and don't require an extra fee.

How long have you been doing this trip?

Since 2006 through our Carolina Homeschooler website, and then moved it to our Traveling Homeschoolers website in 2016. We created our Traveling Homeschoolers website to feature our national and international trips that are open to everyone.

Do you do this every year?

We've done this trip every year since 2006.

Will you do a Universal trip this year, too?

Yes - it's in November, too. Here's the link: https://www.travelinghomeschoolers.com/universal/

Is November a good time to go?

Fall is my favorite time to go to Disney. We'll have cooler weather (usually averaging in the 70s), lower humidity, and lower chance of rain than in the summer. There's a Christmas/holiday feel, with Epcot's International Food and Wine Festival going on.

The first two days of our November 2019 trip were cold (50s), but that wasn't normal. Starting on Monday, the weather was warmer (cool at night) and sunny - no rain the entire week.

It's getting harder and harder to predict crowd levels at Disney now due to special promotions and the new date-based pricing. Crowd-level calendars don't always agree since there've been so many changes, but crowd levels are low around this time of year. (But "low" is relative - low crowds now don't mean the same thing as it did 3 or 5 years ago.) But yeah... it's still my favorite time to go!

Disney Trip Description & Registration Link:

https://www.travelinghomeschoolers.com/disney-world/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Dianna

This trip has been cancelled due to COVID-19. I'll start planning our next trip as soon as possible. :)

Dianna

• Like 1