I am thinking trip insurance would be a good idea for us. I have never needed to purchase trip insurance before, can anyone give me any tips or suggestions? TIA

Dianna

For trip insurance, I recommend going to https://www.insuremytrip.com/ to research and compare the different policies.

Look for ones that insure children free to see if they're a better price. Insurance that covers emergencies/problems (medical, lost luggage, or whatever) during trips can usually be purchased close to travel dates, but check the different policies to make certain of the purchase deadline. Triple check to see what they cover and what proof is required (doctor’s letter, etc.).

Narrow it down to 3 policies, then call the different companies with any questions you have before making a final decision.

Warmly,

Dianna

Is it possible to buy this 3rd party trip insurance against the non-refundable portion of the trip in Nov 2020? Looks like park tickets and special programs?

Dianna

Dave, if you're asking due to COVID-19, I recommend waiting until closer to our trip dates and we'll see how things are going. I'll probably have more flexibility with refunds if the park is affected then like it is now.

Warmly,

Dianna

cressie_j

Dianna, 

Re: your statement above.....I think we all know that Disney will likely be closed much longer than the current two weeks.  With that in mind, I'm thinking our trip dates have the possibility of being incredibly busy and not ideal.  Do you think given everything that is going on, they will rethink their no-refund policy?  If they don't open until summer (maybe late summer!), that could make the fall insane.....And I don't think trip insurance will let you cancel because crowds will be crazy (too late for the cancel for any reason rider).

Thanks,

Cressa

Dianna

Hi Cressie,

Again, I recommend waiting to see how things play out. If Disney opens late in the summer or into fall, there may be very low crowds through the rest of the year until attendance rebounds. It may be the best time to go.

Warmly,
Dianna

bawade

I haven't bought my trip insurance yet either.  I am waiting to see what happens I guess.  At what point do you need to purchase to get the cancel for any reason rider Cressie?

Dianna
9 minutes ago, bawade said:

I haven't bought my trip insurance yet either.  I am waiting to see what happens I guess.  At what point do you need to purchase to get the cancel for any reason rider Cressie?

It varies by policy, and most of the time "any reason" isn't really any reason, so read policies carefully if and when you decide to buy.

Warmly,
Dianna

• Like 1