Dianna

Washington DC Trip 2019 - FAQs

Dianna

Here is the trip description and registration link: 

http://www.travelinghomeschoolers.com/washington-dc/

Is the price quoted per family, or per person?

The prices are per family, not per person.

Are spots still available for this trip?

Spots are still available. I'll update this FAQ and my website when we're full.

I live in the area - can I join your group for the day?

We have a limited number of tour spots, so they're reserved for my group.

Can we opt out of the hotel, specific tours, etc.?

We need to maintain minimums to qualify for group discounts. Also, I'm contracted to pay for a minimum number of hotel rooms to get the cheaper rates, so you can't opt out of the hotel. You can opt out of any tour on the itinerary, but you won't receive a refund for any missed tours/events, and you'll have to arrange for your own transportation to the next tour.

What hotel will we be using? What type of hotel is it?

Until our itinerary is finalized something may change, so I wait to share hotel information, itinerary, etc., until closer to our travel dates. All of the hotels I partner with are mid-range (for price and value), highly rated, family-friendly, in good areas of town, and near restaurants.

I have a family of 5, 6, 7, (etc.) - can we all share one room? I have a baby, toddler, preschooler - do they count in the price?

The hotel allows a maximum of four people per room due to fire codes. If you have more in your party, you'll have to get two (or more) rooms. This trip is limited to ages 5 and up.

I read you're using buses this time. Will there be much walking? Should people with mobility issues go on this trip?

Even with buses, we'll still walk a lot on this trip. Due that and logistical issues, I don't recommend this trip for anyone with mobility problems.

I have a family of 5 or 6 or 7 or 8. What's the price?

• Family of 5: combine the price for a family of 2 and a family of 3.
  • Family of 6: double the price for a family of 3.
  • Family of 7: combine the price for a party of 3 and a party of 4.
  • Family of 8: double the price for a party of 4.
  • And so on...

Have any other questions? Please reply in this thread and I'll answer and add it to the list!