Dianna

Disney 2020 FAQs 2 - How Tickets Work, Discounts, Annual Passes

Dianna

How much of a discount will I get?

You'll save $156+, per person, ages 10 and up, based on the current Disney World gate ticket price beginning on November 14, 2020. (Disney has date-based pricing now, so start date matters.)

Our tickets also include an educational program and our private group event, so our discount is actually more than this. Disney usually increases their regular ticket prices at least once a year, so our discount may be more. (The price for our group tickets won't change.)

How do we qualify for these tickets?

Students (and at least one parent) must participate in one of our educational programs:

• Caring for Giants - Monday, November 16, ages 5 and up
  • Caring for Giants - Friday, November 20, ages 5 and up
  • Up Close with Rhinos - Monday, November 16, ages 12 and up
  • Up Close with Rhinos - Friday, November 20, ages 12 and up
  • Disney Visual Arts Programs - Tuesday, November 17, ages 10 and up, $20 materials fee
  • Behind the Seeds - Thursday, November 19, ages 5 and up

Your travel dates must include one of our programs, and you must have a day available on your ticket to enter one of the theme parks on the date of your program. Our educational programs are not "drop-off events," regardless of age.

NOTE: Your children don't have to choose the same educational program. However, one parent must attend with students, while another parent/adult in your party stays behind with students who'll be attending a different program. If you're the only adult in your party, all of you must attend the same program together.

Do we have to stay together as a group?

You must attend the group educational program you chose when you registered. Our private group event is optional, but awesome. We also have optional special events for our group (breakfasts, dinner party, dessert party). Everything else is on your own.

Do you ever run out of tickets? Should I register early?

We never run out of tickets, but we can (and probably will) run out of spots for special events and group rooms. I'm expecting a big group this fall, so if you register early, you'll have a better chance of getting special meals/events and rooms.

Will everyone in my party get the discounted tickets?

Everyone in your party will get the discounted tickets, and all students (and at least one parent) must attend an educational program, whether they're homeschooling or not.

Each family unit must register and pay separately (grandparents, single aunt, adult brother can be included on your registration). Ask others in your traveling party (sister's family, best friends and their children, etc.), to register separately and note that they're your guests in the comments section of their registration.

If I visit Magic Kingdom and Epcot on the same day, does that count as 2 park days?

No - you have hopper tickets and can visit 1, 2, 3 or all 4 parks in one day, it still only counts as one park day. This is very helpful if you want to spend the day at Animal Kingdom, then hop over to Epcot for our Dessert Party. Or whatever.

Can I skip a day at the parks?

Yes - park days don't have to be consecutive. You can go one day, skip the next, go the next, and the next, then skip the next two. Just stay within the date range of the tickets and make sure you save a day to attend the mandatory educational program.

Can we use MagicBands with these tickets?

Yes, you'll be able to add our tickets to your MagicBands via the My Disney Experience website. (I'll email more information about that when I mail your tickets.)

Do we get MagicBands with these tickets?

Only families staying at a Disney Resort get the MagicBands (whether they're with our group or not). MagicBands are a perk of staying at a Disney Resort. If you're not staying at a Disney Resort, you won't get MagicBands, but can buy them once you arrive (if you want them - they're not mandatory).

Why aren't you offering Plus/Premium tickets this year (the ones with a water park and mini-golf courses added)?

In order to streamline, I'm offering only the 6-day hopper tickets. It has the biggest discount and is the best value for our group. Few families wanted Plus/Premium tickets in the past, and with only one water park open and cooler temperatures in November, the extra cost isn't worth it.

Do I still need to get your tickets if I have an annual pass to Disney, a military ticket, or if I'm a Disney cast member?

Disney doesn't allow annual passholders, military ticket holders, and cast members to participate in our educational programs or group events without purchasing our tickets.

Is the ticket price per day, or per ticket?

The price is per ticket, not per day.

When will I receive my tickets?

If you register by the FastPass Registration Deadline, you'll receive your tickets in time to reserve your FastPass times 60 days in advance of our group arrival date (if you’re staying at a Disney resort) and 30 days in advance of our group arrival date (if you’re staying off Disney property).

If you register by the Final Registration Deadline, you’ll get your tickets by two weeks prior to our group travel dates.

Regardless of when you register, you won't receive your tickets right away. This is normal and your money is safe with me. If you don't trust me with your money, please don't register for this trip. (Here's more information about our group and how to determine whether you can trust me with your money.)

Your tickets will be mailed to you via Priority, tracked, signature-required mail. Since we first started coordinating this trip in 2006, we never lost tickets in the mail until 2017 (two families, hurricanes impacted delivery) and 2019 (one family, clueless post office). In each case we were able to work around the issues. So no worries; no stress!

What dates are the tickets good for?

Tickets will be valid from November 7 to November 28, but you must attend your chosen educational program to qualify for our tickets. They'll expire after November 28, even if you haven’t used all 6 days.

NOTE: Don't believe travel agents or even Disney cast members who tell you differently. They're not familiar with our tickets and will insist that they work the way regular Disney tickets do. (They don't.)

You can arrive early or stay later than our group dates of November 14-21, but you must attend the educational program that week so make sure you save one day on your ticket to attend.

Can I get more (or get fewer) days on our tickets?

Disney doesn't offer our group discounted tickets above 6 days, and you can't add them to your tickets while you're at Disney.

However, even if you plan to stay at Disney more than 6 days, our tickets will very likely be all you'll need. There are other places to spend your time that don't require a ticket: Disney Springs (formerly Downtown Disney) has a lot of shops, restaurants, and activities, as does the BoardWalk area.

Families are often surprised at how much they enjoy Disney Springs, the BoardWalk, and just taking a break from the parks.

You can't get fewer days because I'm only offering 6-day tickets this year. They're the best value for the majority of my travelers. If you're staying fewer days, use the extra day(s) to see the fireworks at Magic Kingdom on the day you arrive, or catch one more ride on your favorite attraction the morning of your departure day. Having the extra day really helps families feel they have more flexibility in their schedule, and a less stressful itinerary.

Can I add park days to these tickets while I'm at Disney?

You can't add days to these tickets.

Are you offering Universal tickets in November?

Yes - here's the link: https://www.travelinghomeschoolers.com/universal/

Disney Trip Description & Registration Link:

https://www.travelinghomeschoolers.com/disney-world/

• Thanks 2

Dianna

Hi Amy,

Ticket prices are detailed in these FAQs. I think it's in FAQ #1.

Warmly,
Dianna

pethaven2834

once booked, are we able to add the dining plan to the reservation?

Dianna
35 minutes ago, pethaven2834 said:

once booked, are we able to add the dining plan to the reservation?

The answer to this question is in FAQ #4: Disney 2020 FAQs 4 - Dining Plan, Restaurants, Food Tips

Cgerres

Last year you had an educational program for 4 year olds, and we wanted to bring our preschooler this year. I see 5 is the minimum educational program age. Does that mean we're not eligible to be part of your trip? 

Dianna
2 hours ago, Cgerres said:

Last year you had an educational program for 4 year olds, and we wanted to bring our preschooler this year. I see 5 is the minimum educational program age. Does that mean we're not eligible to be part of your trip? 

We're limiting programs to ages 5 and up in 2020 due to the expected size of our group. Email me at dianna@travelinghomeschoolers.com with more information about your family/party and I can provide more info.

Warmly,

Dianna

julie5

One adult in our family has an annual pass.  If we buy your tickets for the kids, is it okay if that adult accompanies them to the educational program?

Dianna
2 hours ago, julie5 said:

One adult in our family has an annual pass.  If we buy your tickets for the kids, is it okay if that adult accompanies them to the educational program?

Hi Julie, only those with our tickets will be able to attend any of our events.

Warmly,

Dianna

Baobab Royal Mama

We have a one year old.  Can I bring them to the educational event so my family doesn’t have to split up? 

Dianna
3 hours ago, Baobab Royal Mama said:

We have a one year old.  Can I bring them to the educational event so my family doesn’t have to split up? 

Unfortunately, younger/older siblings and extra adults (grandparents, uncles, etc.) in your party will not be able to attend any of the educational programs or tours.

Warmly,
Dianna

Bmama

I am hoping to come with my family! We would book Pop and have my 8yo,5yo and 1yo. If my mother and sister wanted to come as well they would need their own room. Is that a possibility for this trip with the discount?

Dianna
1 hour ago, Bmama said:

I am hoping to come with my family! We would book Pop and have my 8yo,5yo and 1yo. If my mother and sister wanted to come as well they would need their own room. Is that a possibility for this trip with the discount?

Yes - that's fine. If it's just those two extra (no other children), you can include them in the same registration to make things easier.

lbstanley

You said extended adult family (aunts, grandparents, etc.) would not need to attend an educational program, but if cousins (children) were to purchase through the group and come, would they be required to attend a program?

Dianna
16 hours ago, lbstanley said:

You said extended adult family (aunts, grandparents, etc.) would not need to attend an educational program, but if cousins (children) were to purchase through the group and come, would they be required to attend a program?

Each family needs to register separately, and all children must attend an educational program/tour.

• Like 1

Dianna

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

Starting with this trip (fall 2020), Disney will not give refunds for tickets or special events. They aren't transferable, either. Please be sure you want to go before registering and paying.