When: February 22
Where: Atlanta, GA
Registration: Opens in January
Spend the night with us at the Georgia Aquarium and enjoy guided activities, behind-the-scenes tours, and admission to some of the aquarium’s special shows.
I’ll share check-in details with travelers closer to the sleepover date, but plan for an evening arrival for orientation, then behind-the-scenes programs and an evening snack. (Dinner is not served, so plan to eat before you arrive.) Breakfast will be provided the next morning, followed by more activities until around 10:00 am. You’ll have the rest of the day free to spend at the aquarium.
This sleepover is for children ages 6* and up and their parents (and grandparents). Our group will be divided into smaller teams, and programs are targeted to different age levels. Teens and college students enjoy it just as much as the younger children. *Age verification required.
- We sleep on the floor on mats in designated sleep areas (no specific area is guaranteed).
- You can bring air mattresses as long as they’re twin-sized and battery-powered or breath-powered (we have limited access to outlets).
- No cots or queen/king-sized air mattresses.
- You’ll need to provide your own pillows, blankets/sleeping bags, toiletries, etc. No showers are available.
- Aquarium staff will not be able to assist with gear – please plan to bring only what you can carry.
- You can’t leave sleeping areas during the night (other than restroom visits).
- You can’t leave the aquarium for smoke breaks.
- Children and their parents won’t be separated – they’ll do all programs together and sleep in the same area.
- All special needs must be noted on your registration form.
- Due to space limitations, adding extra people without my prior approval is not allowed. Your spots aren’t transferable.
- There is no additional discount if you have a membership to the aquarium.
- Current Health Requirements: Masks are currently not required. (This may change before our sleepover, but I doubt it. However, note my refund and cancellation policy if you cancel for any reason, including changes in health requirements.)
Cost and What’s Included
The cost of this event is $90 per person (students and adults), payable via debit/credit through my online payment platform. This covers your admission to the aquarium, all educational programs and activities, admission to the Under the Boardwalk sea lion show, the Dolphin Celebration show, a snack* on the evening of your arrival, and breakfast* the next morning.
Parking is an extra $20. (I’ll email information about parking before the sleepover.)
*Please note: Families with special food needs, issues, or allergies can bring their own food in an insulated cooler (no access to refrigeration). No additional discount is available if you bring your own food.
Cancellations and Refund Policy
Payment is refundable only if I have a family on my waiting list to replace you, and a $35 per-person cancellation fee will be deducted from any refunds. Your spots aren’t transferable and can’t be transferred to a future sleepover date.
No replacements, roster changes, or refunds can be made after January 31 for any reason, so please register with this in mind. Your signed waiver, registration, and payment acknowledges your understanding and agreement with my cancellation and refund policy.