Join us in June 2020 for our road trip to the Grand Canyon! We’ll attend private educational programs and explore the skies at the canyon’s week-long Star Party!
When: June 13-20, 2020*
Where: Grand Canyon, South Rim
Registration Deadline: January 31, 2020
Our group will explore the canyon in depth, learning its history, geology, natural resources, paleontology, anthropology, native cultures, ecology, habitats, animal and plant life, and more! Then we’ll gaze at the wonders of the night sky during the canyon’s Star Party this week. We’ll see planets, double stars, star clusters, nebulae, and distant galaxies.
*You don’t have to stay the whole week. Our educational programs will most likely be scheduled Monday-Thursday. Walks/hikes will be 2 miles or less, over mostly even terrain.
(We may plan more road trips leading up to and following this one. More details to come.)
Cost and What’s Included
The fee for this road trip is $150 per person ages 5 and up ($155 credit/debit). This includes your registration fee, all private educational programs, and any potential group activities we arrange. The Star Party programs are free and available to the public.
Children 4 and under are free, as is the adult staying behind with them, since neither will be able to attend our private educational programs. (Age verification is required.)
The fee doesn’t include your accommodations, meals, transportation, etc. I’ll try to get a discounted group block of rooms on the rim, but you’re free to arrange your own hotel or campground.
Payment, Cancellation, and Refund Policy
Full payment is due within 7 days of my email confirmation of your spots. I accept checks, cashier’s and BillPay checks through your bank, bank transfers through Zelle (if your bank offers that), and credit/debit payments through my online store. No money orders, please. (Non-credit/debit payments are discounted.)
Your payment is refundable only if I have a family on my waiting list to replace yours through January 31, 2020, and a $50 per-person cancellation fee will be deducted from all refunds. After that, no replacements, roster changes, or refunds will be made. You can’t add extra people without my prior approval, and your spots are not transferable.
Your signed waiver and payment acknowledges your understanding and agreement with my cancellation and refund policy.
This trip may be cancelled if we don’t have enough registrations. If it is, I’ll refund all payments made to me. You’re responsible for your airfare, hotels, etc., and any cancellation penalties they charge, so please wait until I confirm the trip before you make non-refundable purchases.
Important Things to Know
- Spots are limited, so register as soon as you’re certain you’re going and can pay the fee.
- I’ll share information and suggestions for area hotels, campgrounds, etc., after I receive your payment.
- Program staff are sensitive to evolutionary content (for example – they will describe things as adaptations instead of evolution, will present concepts as theories, etc.). However, you can opt out of any program that you feel would be against your beliefs, or use the program as fodder for family discussions later. (The price remains the same.)
- All students must be accompanied by at least one parent during educational programs. These aren’t “drop-off” events.
- Children ages 4 and under can’t attend the educational programs.
Want to go?
- To register for this trip, click here.
- If you don’t receive a confirmation with payment information within 3 days, please email me.
- Your payment will be due within 7 days of receiving my confirmation.
- I’ll email a confirmation when I receive your payment, and send you periodic trip updates via email.
- And that’s it! Email me if you have any questions.