When: November 5-6
Where: Space Center Houston, Texas
Trip Status: Open until August 31, or until spots run out
Spend the night at Space Center Houston and journey with us into space! Students will train like an astronaut, build rockets, explore robotics, operate rovers, and more. This private sleepover will also include a presentation and Q&A session with an astronaut.
I’ll share exact timing and details with travelers closer to the sleepover date, but plan for a late afternoon/evening arrival. Dinner will be provided on our first day. Breakfast will be provided in the morning, and you’ll have the rest of the day free to explore Space Center Houston exhibits and experiences, including the NASA Tram Tour of Johnson Space Center.
You’ll have a choice of sleeping locations. You can set up camp under a SpaceX rocket or NASA shuttle aircraft carrier and shuttle replica. Or you can sleep indoors, surrounded by some of the rarest spaceflight artifacts on Earth.
This sleepover is for children ages 5* and up and their parents (and grandparents). Our group will be divided into smaller groups, and programs will be targeted to different age levels. *Age verification required.
- You’ll be assigned to a group of families with students of similar ages to attend tours/programs with. If you travel with friends, you may not be in the same group.
- Families must register separately.
- We sleep in designated sleep areas indoors and outdoors (your choice). No specific area is guaranteed.
- You’ll provide your own pillows, bedding, toiletries, etc. Bathrooms are available indoors and outdoors, but no showers are available.
- If you sleep indoors, you can bring air mattresses or cots as long as they’re twin-sized.
- If you sleep outdoors, you must bring and set up your own tent (no larger than 10x10x10 ft). You’ll be moved inside if there’s severe weather.
- If you want to sleep offsite at a hotel (or wherever), please note that in your registration. (We’ll need to arrange for your exit and return the next morning.)
- Space Center staff will not be able to assist with gear. Please plan to bring only what you can carry, and to set up your own tent if you sleep outside.
- We can’t leave sleeping areas during the night (other than restroom visits).
- You won’t be able to leave the building for smoke breaks.
- Children and their parents do all programs together and sleep in the same area.
- All special needs must be noted on your registration form.
- Due to space limitations, adding extra people without my prior approval is not allowed. Your spots aren’t transferable.
- No additional discounts are available if you have a membership at the Space Center or bring your own food.
- Current COVID Requirements: As of May 2022, masks are not required. (This may change before your sleepover, so only register if you’re comfortable with whatever policy is in place on the date of travel. I’ll post updates here.)
- All of our meals will have gluten-free and vegetarian alternatives. Anyone needing either (or both) options must note it on their registration.
- You can bring your own food if needed for dietary restrictions. All food must be stored in vehicles until time to eat. No refrigeration or storage will be provided.
- Food is prepared in a facility with egg, milk, wheat, shellfish, soy, peanut, and tree nut products, and other potential allergens. If you’re concerned about any of this, please plan to bring your own food.
- There are no discounts if you bring your own food.
- You can bring additional snacks, but they must be eaten outside the building or inside the Food Lab.
- No food or drinks in the sleeping areas, except for water. Bottled water will be provided, but you’re encouraged to bring your own, too. No cooking is allowed, even in the outside tent area.
Cost and What’s Included
The cost of this event is $93 per person (students and adults), payable via debit/credit through my online payment platform. This covers your admission to our private sleepover, parking, all educational programs and activities, the astronaut presentation, dinner, breakfast the next morning, and admission to Space Center Houston the next day.
Cancellations and Refund Policy
Payment is refundable only if I have a family on my waiting list to replace you, and a $35 per-person cancellation fee will be deducted from any refunds. Your spots aren’t transferable.
No replacements, roster changes, or refunds can be made after August 31 for any reason, so please register with this in mind. Your signed waiver, registration, and payment acknowledges your understanding and agreement with my cancellation and refund policy.