Our Traveling Homeschoolers auxiliary membership is for families who want access to the field trips, virtual events and classes, Minecraft Education licenses, and discounted tickets offered by our sister site, Carolina Homeschooler.
Carolina Homeschooler families pay a yearly membership fee that supports and subsidizes these services. Traveling Homeschoolers’ auxiliary membership covers your share of that fee.
Membership is not required for Traveling Homeschooler group trips.
2022-2023 Membership Fee
Our auxiliary membership fee for the 2022-2023 school year is $99 per family. This fee covers membership from June 1, 2022 to May 31, 2023.
NOTE: Before applying for membership, please read the FAQs below.
- August 5 – Writing Groups (virtual)
- August 16 & 17 – What Was the Vietnam War? (virtual & onsite)
- August 24 – Astronaut Training School (virtual)
- August 26 – Space Tour (onsite)
- Through August 31 – Georgia Aquarium Day Tickets (not sleepover)
- Through September 30 – Universal 1- and 2-Day Tickets
- 2022-2023 – Minecraft Education
Save the Date (onsite field trips)
- September 16 – Space Mission
- October 7 – Rocket Camp (ages 5-11)
- October 8 – Barrier Island Adventure
- October 28 – Rocket Camp (ages 12-18)
- November 14 – Aiken Science Programs
- November 18 – Drone Camp
- December 9 – Flight School
Frequently Asked Questions
Will your group trips (Disney World, Universal, Washington DC, road trips, river cruises, international trips, rail journeys, etc.) require membership?
My group trips don’t require membership. Auxiliary membership is for families who want to access to my Carolina Homeschooler services and events.
After I pay for auxiliary membership, will the field trips, virtual events and classes, etc., be free?
Most virtual field trips and classes will incur a nominal administrative fee. It’s usually $5 per family for each event, the same as what’s charged for our sister site, Carolina Homeschooler. Sometimes the fee will be higher, depending on the site’s fee structure and complexity of the event.
Our in-person special events, discounted tickets, Minecraft Education licenses, etc., will incur the cost of the event or service plus processing fees.
Are membership fees refundable? Are administrative fees refundable?
Membership and administrative/processing fees are not refundable for any reason.
Can I get a membership for my homeschool co-op, learning pod, support group, etc.?
Traveling Homeschoolers serves families, not groups. Each family within your group (co-op, learning pod, support group, etc.) will need to have their own membership to participate.