Join us in Philadelphia to see Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell, climb the “Rocky” steps, explore historic churches, burial grounds, museums, a deserted prison, the seaport, and more!
When: September 19-23, 2019
Registration Deadline: When we reach our maximum.
Our final itinerary and schedule will be provided to closer to our travel dates, but please plan to arrive by 5:00 pm on Thursday, September 19. We have a mandatory orientation at 7:00 pm that evening to prepare you for the trip.
You’ll make your own travel arrangements to Philadelphia. If you fly or take the train, there’s no need to rent a car once you arrive. Our hotel is easily accessible via the subway whether you travel by train or air. If you drive to Philadelphia, parking at the hotel will be an extra $43 plus tax per day (2019 price may change).
Your hotel room will have two queen beds, accommodating four people. Rooms also include a sofabed, which can accommodate 1 or 2 children.
Cost and What’s Included
Prices include your registration fee, hotel for four nights, breakfast each morning, and all sites and private tours on the itinerary. They don’t include all other meals, a $43 (plus tax) parking fee each day at the hotel if you drive to Philadelphia (2019 price may change), subway/bus fares, and anything you do on your own.
(Prices are per family, not per person.)
Family of 2: $1,210
Family of 3: $1,460
Family of 4: $1,710
Family of 5: $1,960
Family of 6: $2,220
These are package prices. Due to minimum requirements for group discounts, families can’t opt out of private tours, hotel, etc.
Payment, Cancellation, and Refund Policy
A $250 per-person non-refundable deposit will be due within 7 days of my email confirmation of your spots on this trip. The remaining balance will be due by March 30.
The $250 per-person deposit is not refundable for any reason. The rest of your payments are refundable only if I have a family on my waiting list to replace you. No replacements, roster changes, or refunds will be made after May 31.
This trip won’t be confirmed until we reach our minimum. If we don’t meet our minimum, you’ll get a full refund of payments made to me. Please wait to purchase non-refundable airfare until I confirm the trip. I have no control over airline refund policies.
Your signed registration, waiver, and payment acknowledges your understanding and agreement with my cancellation and refund policy.
I accept personal checks, bank checks, BillPay paper checks (not electronic checks,) and Zelle online transfer (if your bank offers those services). I can’t accept PayPal, credit cards, or other payment methods.
Important Things to Know
- Here are the FAQs for this trip. Please read those FAQs and information on this page before emailing me with questions.
- Your deposit will be due in my mailbox within 7 days of the date I email your confirmation. Due to the limited number of spots on this trip, I can’t accept late payments.
- We’ll rely on subway/bus transportation while touring Philadelphia. It’s well worth the experience, but it does require that we have patience if there are delays.
- You’ll walk a lot during this trip. If you have problems that won’t allow you to walk for extended periods during the day, please consider postponing your trip until you’re more able. I don’t recommend this trip for people who must use a wheelchair or scooter, or for senior citizens unless they’re very active and are accustomed to walking and standing for extended periods during the day.
- Start a walking program before the trip if you don’t ordinarily do much walking. Be sure to walk in the (comfortable) shoes you’ll be using for the trip – don’t buy new shoes without breaking them in thoroughly. Trust me on this.
- This trip is limited to ages 8 and up, but will probably be of more interest to children 10 and older.
- Due to space limitations, adding extra people without my prior approval is not allowed.
- No refunds unless I have a family on my waiting list to replace yours on or before May 31. Your spots aren’t transferable to other families outside of my waiting list. Please read my refund policy carefully before you register and mail your payment.
Want to go?
- To register for this trip, click here.
- If you don’t receive a confirmation with payment information within 3 days, please email me.
- Your deposit will be due within 7 days of receiving my confirmation.
- I’ll email a confirmation when I receive your payment, and send you periodic trip updates via email.
- And that’s it! Email me if you have any questions.