Join us at Universal and enjoy Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios, with optional add-ons to Volcano Bay and a behind-the-scenes tour!
When: April 20 – May 18, 2019
Registration Deadline: February 28
The answers to frequently asked questions about this trip are available in our Universal 2019 FAQs forum. Please read that (and this entire page) before emailing me with questions and registering.
Our two ticket choices for November are:
2-day, 2-park: $160 per person, ages 3 and up
3-day, 3-park: $218 per person, ages 3 and up
These tickets are valid for Islands of Adventure, Universal Studios, and Volcano Bay, (Universal’s new water park). This ticket is valid for 3 days** and are park-to-park, so you can hop between all three parks (and ride the Hogwarts Express).
**Our tickets are valid from April 20 to May 18, so you have some leeway in your travel dates. However, you must use all days within 7 days. The clock starts ticking the first day you use the ticket, and they won’t refund unused days.
Prices include your choice of tickets, your registration fee, all taxes, and shipping.
Please read the information for each type of ticket and be sure of your choice before you register and pay. Once you pay, that’s it – no changes. (A few people making changes isn’t a big deal – a thousand or more people making changes is overwhelming.)
Behind the Adventure Tour
Monday, April 29, 2019; 8:00 am
Discover the science involved in creating Universal’s Islands of Adventure theme park! We’ll explore how the park was designed, learn how the Incredible Hulk Coaster is launched, discover what makes The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man so amazing, and see how literature plays an important role within the park.
This tour is targeted to middle and high school students, but younger students (ages 9 and up) can attend. Younger students may not be able to experience all the attractions during the tour (namely the Incredible Hulk Coaster) if they don’t meet the height requirement.
This tour costs $27 per person. We can’t have more adults than students, so parents will have priority over other adults (grandparents, uncles, etc.) and if there’s only one student in a family, only one parent will have priority unless I have spots available for the second parent.
This tour requires a park ticket, so you must use one day of your 2- or 3-day ticket if you register. This is a great tour, and well worth the price and time, but you don’t have to attend this tour to get Universal tickets.
Payment & Refund Policy
- I accept personal checks, bank checks, BillPay paper checks (not electronic checks) and Zelle online transfer (if your bank offers those services). I can’t accept PayPal, credit cards, or other payment methods.
- Payment is due within 7 days of the date I send your confirmation email, so please don’t register until you’re able to pay in full.
- If you need to cancel after paying for your tickets, you will be charged a $25 per-ticket cancellation fee. Tickets aren’t transferable. The Behind the Adventure tour isn’t transferable and isn’t refundable.
- Your signed registration, waiver, and payment acknowledges your understanding and agreement with my cancellation and refund policy.
Before You Register
- The answers to frequently asked questions about this trip are available on our Universal 2019 FAQs forum. Please read those (and this entire page) before emailing me with questions and registering.
- Each family must register separately (grandparents are considered part of the same family unit). If you have extended family who want to attend (your sister’s family, for example), please ask them to register and pay separately.
- You can choose your own arrival and departure date, but our tickets will only be valid from April 20 to May 18, and all days must be used within a 7-day period.
- Here is the registration form for this trip.
- If you don’t receive a confirmation with payment information within 3 days, please email me.
- Your payment will be due within 7 days of receiving my confirmation.
- I’ll email a confirmation when I receive your payment, and send you periodic trip updates via email.
- And that’s it! Email me if you have any questions.