Join us for our fall trip to Washington DC and explore the US Capitol, White House, Arlington Cemetery, Pentagon, and more!
When: September 24-28, 2020
Where: Washington DC
Registration Deadline: May 31, 2020
I hope you can join us for our next trip to Washington DC! We plan to tour the US Capitol, Library of Congress, White House, Arlington Cemetery, Pentagon, National Archives, Ford’s Theater, museums, monuments, and more.
As always, government tours are not guaranteed due to factors beyond our control (government shutdown, security, or other factors).
Please plan to arrive by 5:00 pm on our arrival date. We have a mandatory orientation at 7:00 pm, and I’ll provide more information about our itinerary at that time.
You’ll make your own travel arrangements to Washington DC. If you fly or take the train, there’s no need to rent a car once you arrive in DC. Our hotel is accessible via the metro whether you travel by train to Union Station or by air to Dulles International or Reagan National. If you drive to DC, parking at the hotel (or area parking garages/lots) will be extra.
We’ll use public transportation to tour DC this time (we won’t use buses).
Due to security requirements for the White House ad Pentagon tours, I’ll need social security numbers for everyone age 18 and older, date of birth, first and last name, country of birth, and current city/state of residence. There are no guarantees we’ll get the tours, but I’ll need your personal information to register for them. You don’t have to provide this information if you don’t want to go on the tours.
Everyone age 18 and older must submit the first 4 numbers of their SS number on the registration form, and mail the last 5 numbers with payment. I will shred your personal information as soon as I’m finished with it.
Everyone in the group 18 years or older will be required to show photo identification with information matching the name from your registration form that I submit for clearance. If your identification card doesn’t match the name that you submit, you may be denied admittance, so please make sure there are no typos on your registration.
This trip is limited to ages 5 and up.
Our hotel rooms have two queen beds and a full-size sofabed, with a maximum of 4 people allowed per room. If you have more in your party, you’ll have to get two rooms (no exceptions due to fire codes).
Cost and What’s Included
The price includes your registration fee, hotel for four nights, breakfast each morning, all sites and private tours on the itinerary, and metro transportation during our tour days. They don’t include all other meals, transfers to/from the airport or train station to our hotel, parking fees at our hotel (if you drive), and anything you do on your own.
(Prices are per family, not per person.)
Family of 2: $1,316
Family of 3: $1,544
Family of 4: $1,772
If your party is larger than 4, read these FAQs to figure out your total. These are package prices. Due to minimum requirements for group discounts, families can’t opt out of private tours, hotel, etc.
Payment, Cancellation, and Refund Policy
Full payment will be due within 7 days of my email confirmation of your spots on this trip.
If you have to cancel, $250 per-person is not refundable for any reason. The rest of your payment is refundable only if I have a family on my waiting list to replace yours by May 31, 2020. Your spots aren’t transferable to families outside of my waiting list.
No replacements, roster changes, or refunds can be made after May 31, 2020 for any reason (including medical issues, sickness, death in the family, etc.), so please register with this in mind. Travel insurance is recommended.
This trip won’t be confirmed until we reach our minimum. If we don’t meet our minimum, you’ll get a full refund of payments made to me. Please wait to purchase non-refundable airfare until I confirm the trip. I have no control over airline refund policies.
Your signed registration, waiver, and payment acknowledges your understanding and agreement with my cancellation and refund policy.
I accept personal checks, bank checks, BillPay paper checks (not electronic checks,) and Zelle online transfer (if your bank offers those services). I can’t accept PayPal, credit cards, or other payment methods.
Important Things to Know
- Please read the FAQs for this trip and all the information on this page before emailing me with questions.
- Your full payment will be due in my mailbox within 7 days of the date I email your confirmation. Due to the limited number of spots on this trip, I can’t hold spots past the due date or accept partial or late payments.
- White House, US Capitol, Library of Congress, Pentagon, and other government sites are not guaranteed and may be cancelled at the last minute for security or other reasons.
- I use a mass text messaging system during this trip. A cellphone with unlimited texting and a portable charger (to carry with you) is required.
- We’ll rely on public transportation while touring Washington DC. It’s well worth the experience, but it does require that we have patience if there are delays.
- You’ll walk a lot during this trip. If you have problems that won’t allow you to walk for extended periods during the day, please consider postponing your trip until you’re more able. I don’t recommend this trip for people who must use a wheelchair or scooter, or for senior citizens unless they’re very active and are accustomed to standing and walking for extended periods during the day.
- Start a walking program before the trip if you don’t ordinarily do much walking. Be sure to walk in the (comfortable) shoes you’ll be using for the trip – don’t buy new shoes without breaking them in thoroughly. Trust me on this.
- Due to the amount of walking and security logistics required for this trip, I’m limiting it to ages 5 and up.
- Security in DC is extreme. Be prepared to be security-scanned every place we visit and become familiar with the requirements of each site before we arrive. (I’ll email this information before our travel dates.)
- I won’t be able to give refunds unless I have a family on my waiting list to replace yours on or before May 31. Your spots aren’t transferable to other families outside of my waiting list, and you can’t add people without my prior approval. Please read my refund policy carefully before you register and mail your payment.
Want to go?
- Click here to register for this trip.
- If you don’t receive a confirmation with payment information within 3 days, please email me.
- Your payment will be due within 7 days of receiving my confirmation.
- I’ll email a confirmation when I receive your payment, and send you periodic trip updates via email.
- And that’s it! Email me if you have any questions.