Join us for our road trip to Yellowstone National Park and explore its wildlife, canyons, lakes, waterfalls, geysers, mud pots, and hot springs!
When: August 17-25, 2019*
Where: Yellowstone National Park
Registration Deadline: March 31, 2019**
Our group will explore Yellowstone National Park during three full-day educational tours. We’ll visit major points of interest such as the Lamar Valley, Mammoth Hot Springs, Tower Fall, Dunraven Pass, Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone, Yellowstone Lake, Hayden Valley, Mud Volcano, Geyser Basins, Firehole River, Mystic Falls, and more!
*Our tours are scheduled in two blocks during the week: August 18-20 and August 22-24. Tours are the same for each block. I’ll fill the August 22-24 block first, then the August 18-20 block. If we can’t fill both blocks, I’ll cancel the August 18-20 block.
Tour styles will vary for each group within the block, depending on age and ability levels – from 1-2 miles over mostly flat terrain, to 5+ miles over mixed terrain and higher elevations. I’ll try to group families with similar ages/ability levels together.
**I have to pay a hefty non-refundable deposit in April, so my registration deadline is sooner than I’d like. Half of one block is already filled (August 22-24), but I may have to cancel the 2nd block (August 18-20) if I don’t have enough registrations. If you’re certain you want to go, register soon to get in the first block!
Cost and What’s Included
The fee for this road trip is $275 per person (parents and students) ages 5 and up. This includes your registration fee; three private, full-day educational tours; and transportation during our tours (pick-up and return at our meeting point in the park).
Children 4 and under are free, as is the adult who is staying behind with them, since neither will be able to attend the tours. (Age verification is required.)
The fee doesn’t include your accommodations, meals, or transportation to and from Yellowstone and our meeting point.
Payment, Cancellation, and Refund Policy
Full payment is due within 7 days of my email confirmation of your spots.
Your payment is refundable only if I have a family on my waiting list to replace yours through April 30. After that, no replacements, roster changes, or refunds will be made. You can’t add extra people without my prior approval, and your spots are not transferable.
Your signed waiver and payment acknowledges your understanding and agreement with my cancellation and refund policy.
This trip may be cancelled if we don’t have enough registrations. If it is, I’ll refund all payments made to me. You’re responsible for your airfare, hotels, etc., and any cancellation penalties they charge, so please wait until I confirm the trip before you make non-refundable purchases.
Important Things to Know
- Spots are very limited, and my non-refundable deposit deadline is closer than I’d like, so register as soon as you’re certain you want to go.
- Yellowstone is huge, so all of our tours will begin and end at our meeting point in the park. Lodges and cabins in the park are expensive (around $350-400 per night). Camping is much cheaper (you can stay the whole week for less than one night in a lodge or cabin). You can stay outside the park, but you’ll have to drive around 1.5 hours (estimated) to reach our meeting point each morning. If you’re staying outside of the park, West Yellowstone and Gardiner are popular areas. Research hotels there to estimate your costs.
- I’ll share information about our meeting location, hotel and camping options, etc., after I receive payment. There’s plenty of availability right now, but don’t delay if you’re certain you’re going.
- You’re not required to stay the whole week. I’ll fill the Thursday, Friday, Saturday tour dates first; then the Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday tour dates next. The price is the same for each 3-day block, regardless of whether you attend all three tours in your block.
- All students must be accompanied by at least one parent during educational programs. These aren’t “drop-off” events.
- Children ages 4 and under can’t attend the educational programs, so bring an extra adult, grandparent, aunt, uncle, etc., to stay behind with younger children.
Want to go?
- To register for this trip, click here.
- If you don’t receive a confirmation with payment information within 3 days, please email me.
- Your payment will be due within 7 days of receiving my confirmation.
- I’ll email a confirmation when I receive your payment, and send you periodic trip updates via email.
- And that’s it! Email me if you have any questions.