Join us for our road trip to Yellowstone National Park and explore its wildlife, canyons, lakes, waterfalls, geysers, mud pots, and hot springs!
When: August 17-21, 2019
Where: Yellowstone National Park
Registration Deadline: April 24, 2019
During three full-day educational tours, we’ll visit major points of interest such as the Lamar Valley, Mammoth Hot Springs, Tower Fall, Dunraven Pass, Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone, Yellowstone Lake, Hayden Valley, Mud Volcano, Geyser Basins, Firehole River, Mystic Falls, and more!
Note: Our Grand Teton Road Trip will follow this one (August 21-15).
Our group will be separated into smaller groups and tour styles will vary for each, depending on age and ability levels. You can choose from 1-2 miles over mostly flat terrain, to 5+ miles over mixed terrain and higher elevations. I’ll try to group families with similar ages/ability levels together.
Cost and What’s Included
The fee for this road trip is $275 per person ages 5 and up ($284 credit/debit). This includes your registration fee; three private, full-day educational tours; and transportation during our tours (pick-up and return at our meeting point in the park).
Children 4 and under are free, as is the adult who is staying behind with them, since neither will be able to attend the tours. (Age verification is required.)
The fee doesn’t include your accommodations, meals, or transportation to and from Yellowstone and our meeting point.
We now have group cabins available to us at discounted rate – $682 total per room for 4 nights ($703 credit/debit). This includes one room with twin bunks and a queen bed, sleeping up to 5 people in a room. Cabins are modern, and include shared bathrooms, linens, blankets, pillows, towels, a shared kitchen (with pots, pans, utensils) and dining room, a common living room, and great views. You must bring your own toiletries and groceries.
Payment, Cancellation, and Refund Policy
Full payment is due within 7 days of my email confirmation of your spots. I accept checks, cashier’s and BillPay checks through your bank, bank transfers through Zelle (if your bank offers that), and credit/debit payments through my online store. No money orders, please.
Your payment is refundable only if I have a family on my waiting list to replace yours through April 30, and a $50 per-person cancellation fee will be deducted from all refunds. After that, no replacements, roster changes, or refunds will be made. You can’t add extra people without my prior approval, and your spots are not transferable.
Your signed waiver and payment acknowledges your understanding and agreement with my cancellation and refund policy.
This trip may be cancelled if we don’t have enough registrations. If it is, I’ll refund all payments made to me. You’re responsible for your airfare, hotels, etc., and any cancellation penalties they charge, so please wait until I confirm the trip before you make non-refundable purchases.
Important Things to Know
- Spots are very limited, and my contract deadline is close, so register as soon as you’re certain you want to go.
- Yellowstone is huge, so all of our tours will begin and end at our meeting point in the park. I recommend families stay at our group cabins. Lodge rooms in the park are expensive (around $400 per night). Camping is much cheaper, if you’d rather do that.
- I’ll share information about our meeting location, lodging options, etc., after I receive payment. There’s availability right now, but don’t delay if you’re certain you’re going.
- My Grand Teton Road Trip will follow this one.
- All students must be accompanied by at least one parent during educational programs. These aren’t “drop-off” events.
- Children ages 4 and under can’t attend the educational programs, so bring an extra adult, grandparent, aunt, uncle, etc., to stay behind with younger children.
Want to go?
- To register for this trip, click here.
- If you don’t receive a confirmation with payment information within 3 days, please email me.
- Your payment will be due within 7 days of receiving my confirmation.
- I’ll email a confirmation when I receive your payment, and send you periodic trip updates via email.
- And that’s it! Email me if you have any questions.